life in the clouds

  • Posted on
  • by

My dog, Fredo, has had a couple of seizures in the last month. He'll barf and lose all motor control of his legs, toppling over awkwardly. A minute later, he's fine. The vet ran a battery of tests and found that he's got hypothyroidism. There's no apparent link to the seizures, but I'm hopeful that treating one will treat the other. Regardless, he'll now take two pills a day for the rest of his life. It's been a week, and there hasn't been an episode yet. A seizure episode, anyway.

The pills make him otherworldly gassy. I don't think it's healthy for an organism to emit this smell. And if you're new around here, you should know that he shadows me 24/7. There is no escape. His gas is my gas. His emissions are my inhalations. I'd like to say I'm building up an immunity, but if anything, they're only smelling worse.

God, whatever I did, I'm sorry.